Family Dentistry Services and Their Benefits
Have you recently moved to a new residence, want to change your primary dental care service provider, or want the best service for you and your family? If so, you can consider a family dentist.
When you frequent a dental office for treatments or even routine teeth cleanings and exams, you will create a bond with your dentist. Children tend to dread going for dental procedures, even painless exams. However, with a family dentist will get used to them and be more comfortable during the dental procedures.
Services That Family Dentists Offer
A family dentist offers most general dentistry services but across all ages. Some of the services you can get from a family dentist in Calgary
Preventive Dental Care
Prevention is always better than cure. Therefore, you should consider preventive dental care to prevent oral health issues that will require more invasive and costly dental procedures. Below are some of the preventive dental procedures:
- Dental exams. Regular dental exams help your dentist identify potential oral health issues and offer treatments before further complications. During the routine dental exams, your dentist in SW Calgary, can examine your teeth physically or use imaging technologies such as digital x-rays.
- Professional teeth cleanings. To eliminate plaque and tartar that can be detrimental to your oral health from your gum line and teeth surfaces, your dentist might recommend professional dental cleanings.
- Protective mouth guards. If your child clenches or grits as well as play contact sports, protective mouth guards can be beneficial to prevent wear and tear or injuries.
- Cavity prevention. Your dentist can provide cavity prevention treatments such as dental sealants as fluoride treatments. The sealants cover the cavities to prevent further tooth decay, while fluoride treatments strengthen the enamels, preventing the development of cavities.
Restorative Dental Care
Your family dentist can provide restorative dental care services if you have broken, decayed, missing, or chipped teeth. Some of the restorative dental care procedures your dentist can provide include:
- Dental crowns to cover badly-decayed, cracked, broken teeth or after a root canal therapy
- Teeth implants to replace one or multiple missing teeth from your jaw
- Tooth-colored fillings to cover large cavities on your teeth
- Dental bonding to cover chipped or cracked enamels and hold them together
A family can also address your cosmetic concerns. If you have a smile that you are not proud of showing, the dentist can recommend treatments such as:
- Teeth whitening
- Porcelain veneers
- Invisalign and other orthodontic treatments
- Smile makeovers
After the procedures above, you will have more reasons to smile and engage in conversations freely without the fear of being judged.
Benefits of Having a Family Dentist
By having a family dentist near you
, you get to enjoy the following benefits:
Services Cover the Whole Family
Your family dentist offers services to both children and adults. Therefore, you don’t have to look for dental services elsewhere for some of your family members since your dentist can offer most oral health services for people of all ages.
General Dentistry Services
The family dentist near you can offer all the general dentistry services ranging from preventive to cosmetic dentistry. Therefore, you don’t have to look for specialists to offer services for different dental issues.
Formation of a Doctor-Patient Bond
As you frequent the dentist’s office, you build a close relationship that makes it easier for your dentist to offer treatments. When you have a close relationship with your dentist, you are likely to feel more comfortable during the treatments and free to go for routine dental exams.
Makes It Easy to Track Your Dental Records
When your dental health records are stored under one family name, it is easier to access them. Therefore, your dentist will be able to check your dental health history when making a diagnosis for some progressive dental health issues
Family Take up After You
Your family, especially your children, are likely to follow the suit. Depending on the quality of the services that your family dentist offers, your kids are bound to keep the tradition and ensure all your predecessors will get their dental services in the same dental clinic.
Do you need a family dentist near you? At Image Dental, we provide a wide range of services that are beneficial to your family.