Cosmetic Tooth Bonding Excellent for Repairing Minor Dental Flaws
Chipped, stained, or broken teeth concerning you and preventing you from smiling for your friends and colleagues? Why not contact the dentist near you
requesting a solution for correcting your dental flaws? You likely will receive recommendations from the dentist to consider cosmetic tooth bonding as a remedy to correct the imperfections with your teeth.
The term cosmetic may send shivers down your spine, thinking the dentist recommends an expensive procedure to correct your dental imperfections. However, it helps if you understand tooth bonding is an affordable method of making minor dental repairs. You may also receive reimbursement from your dental insurance if you are covered for dental insurance.
Cosmetic Tooth Bonding — What Is It?
Cosmetic tooth bonding is a cosmetic dentistry procedure when the dentist Calgary, SW, applies a tooth-colored composite material to the tooth with flaws, sculpts it into shape, hardens it, and polishes it. The material used to your tooth bonds with it, giving it the name tooth bonding. If you need minor cosmetic dentistry procedures, tooth bonding is ideal. The bonding procedure fixes a broken or chipped tooth or closes little gaps between the teeth. The composite material used during the tooth bonding procedure also helps fill small cavities because of its aesthetic appearance.
What Does Tooth Bonding Involve?
When you visit cosmetic tooth bonding in Calgary
, the dentist evaluates your teeth to determine whether you are suitable for the treatment. The tooth bonding procedure requires merely one appointment with the dentist unless you need extensive work on your teeth.
You mustn’t fear the tooth bonding procedure from the dentist T3H 5Z9 because the process does not involve any pain unless you want to have cavities filled. First of all, the dentist applies an etching liquid to the surface of the tooth needing the bonding. The etching liquid helps the bonding material to adhere to the tooth.
The next step is placing the tooth-colored composite material on the surface of the tooth, shaping it, and sculpting it. Dentists use ultraviolet light to help the composite material harden. If required, dentists can further sculpt the tooth after the hardening process. Eventually, the material is published and buffed, giving it a smooth finish.
Benefits and Downsides of Cosmetic Tooth Bonding
Tooth bonding costs fewer dollars than dental veneers but also has some downsides associated with it.
- Tooth bonding is likely to cost you around $ 300-$ 600 per tooth. However, you may receive reimbursement from your insurer if you have undergone the procedure for structural reasons or to fill cavities.
- Tooth bonding is accomplished in one visit to the dentist’s office as the bonding procedure requires 30 to 60 minutes per tooth.
- Anesthesia is unnecessary unless you have a tooth bonded to fill cavities. When compared to dental veneers or crowns, tooth bonding doesn’t require any enamel removal.
- Tooth bonding is prone to staining and can become discolored over time. Coffee, tea, red wine, and smoking stain the composite material used in the tooth bonding procedure. You can minimize staining by avoiding the substances mentioned above or at least 48 hours after getting your tooth bonded. Smokers are better off selecting alternative dentistry treatments as the bonding material is porous. Cigarette smoke causes yellow stains on bonded teeth.
- Tooth bonding durability is questionable because the composite material isn’t as robust as your natural teeth or long-lasting like crowns or veneers. Tooth bonding can chip, although, with proper care, the material remains on the teeth for three to seven years.
Should You Choose the Tooth Bonding Procedure?
If you have minor cosmetic dentistry issues like a cracked or discolored tooth, gaps between your teeth, or silver fillings showing off when you smile, tooth bonding proves helpful to conceal the defects. If you need to reshape or recontour your teeth, tooth bonding proves beneficial in the procedure.
Tooth bonding is an excellent remedy to correct minor dental flaws but requires attention because it is prone to staining and chipping. You can follow the simple self-care tips mentioned herein to maintain your bonded teeth in excellent condition.
- If you are accustomed to chewing on her objects like pencils, pens, ice, and fingernails, you should give up these habits.
- Restrict your intake of coffee, tea, and red wine.
- Do not use your teeth as package openers because you are likely to damage your bonded teeth.
Tooth bonding requires skill from the dentist performing the procedure. Therefore you must choose an experienced dentist like the one mentioned in this blog if you want to achieve excellent results.